There are hundreds of third part extension plugins for Contact Form 7, and we are working hard to make them working seamlessly, but we choose to develop our Zapier App to get you covered for most of the needs and to enable thousands of additional integrations like the one with Mailchimp.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, MailChimp, and over 1,000 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. Just follow our video guide to have your setup ready in minutes.
Have your setup ready in minutes
- The first thing to do is to create a contact form in your site, if not already presents, and embed it somewhere.
- Once tested the configuration is working, it’s time to deploy the site. You need to test your from at least once to be able to correctly setup the Zapier app.
- Go to the “Settings” page on the HardyPress dashboard and find the “CF7 settings” section.
- Copy your “Zapier API Key” and click on the “Invitation link” to our Zapier app.
- Log in or Sign up to Zapier and click the “Make a New Zap” button.
- Search for the “HardyPress” Trigger App, than save and continue.
- Connect your HardyPress account using the “Zapier API Key” you copied in point 4.
- Test the connected account and continue.
- Select the HardyPress site where you have the contact form, than choose that contact form and continue.
- Zapier will need to fetch a sample contact form from those you already submitted to identify the fields, so click “Fetch & Continue”.
- Click “Continue” again.
- Now search for “Mailchimp” as “Action App”.
- Select the “Add/Update Subscriber” action and click “Continue”.
- Connect your Mailchimp account, test the connection and click “Save + Continue”.
- Select the Mailchimp list where you want the contact to be added.
- From the fields fetched by Zapier on point 10, select the e-mail field and continue.
- Click “Sent test to Mailchimp” to test you setup.
- Click “Finish”. Give a name to you “Zap” and turn it on.
- Enjoy 🙂